About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Personal (Jack Reacher, #19)Personal by Lee Child
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am a fan of the series, and I eagerly anticipated #19 in the series.

I enjoyed this entertaining action mystery; but I must qualify my recommendation that this is not my favorite Reacher novel for his time in England and France takes away from a favorite part of mine, the observations about a changing America in a period from 1996 through a current time. Reacher does speak French, thanks to what he learned from his mother, but he is too closely handled and staying on task to have time for observations on the changes he may be observing. I am glad he now has a current passport for I'm eager to see if his wanderings will become international.

I recommend this book to fans of the series.

View all my reviews

No comments: