About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Saturday, October 18, 2014

The 101 Habits of Highly Successful Screenwriters: Insider's Secrets from Hollywood's Top WritersThe 101 Habits of Highly Successful Screenwriters: Insider's Secrets from Hollywood's Top Writers by Karl Iglesias
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was free when I downloaded it to my Nook library from BN.com.

This is not a how-to book for writing in a screenplay format for it assumes the writer has learned that from somewhere else. The 101 Habits may seem like common sense; but, we all know how rare common sense can be. Perhaps some of the best advice is write daily in order to work on your craft, and have three completed scripts that have been honed by several rewrites in order to show your best work to an agent.

I recommend this book to all writers for much of the advice is good for any genre.

View all my reviews

No comments: