About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Monday, October 06, 2014

The Fat Burning KitchenThe Fat Burning Kitchen by Mike Geary and Catherine Ebeling
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book and accompanying bonus ebooks had been recommended to me by a friend who knew that I had been feeling discouraged by my inability to lose weight despite efforts to choose healthy foods to eat.
The first part of the book recommends the foods that should be discarded from your current pantry and refrigerator because they contain ingredients that may hamper your digestion and metabolism of the food. Many of these foods had already been eliminated from my own kitchen, but not all of them. I was surprised at how many foods marketed as healthy had sneaked ingredients into their foods that the FDA approved but were unhealthy for this reader. There are even certain one-ingredient foods to avoid because the farming practices have changed dramatically for farmed fishes, eggs, poultry, and meat animals.
The second part of the book recommends how to stock your kitchen with one-ingredient foods so that you can prepare meals that supply carbohydrates with vegetables and fruits to go with the protein.


View all my reviews

1 comment:

James said...

Thanks for the review. It's been a few years since you wrote this, but I will still look into buying this ebook, out of curiosity if nothing else.