About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Friday, December 16, 2016

From This Day Forward (Song of Blessing Book #4)From This Day Forward by Lauraine Snelling
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My father enjoys these "Dakota books" so much this year that I gave him the recently published hardback book for Christmas (not a spoiler because he started reading it as soon as it was delivered) and I purchased the Matchbook copy for my Kindle.

By now, these books about the people of Blessing and their stories are familiar. Reading the book reminds this reader of a good reunion.

While this book can be read as a stand alone for readers who enjoy a chaste romance set in historical times or as Christian fiction, a new reader may be suspectible to boredom when Ms. Snelling updates us on circumstances and people that may seem unrelated to the story of Deborah MacAllister and Toby Valders. My strong recommendation is for the reader to start with An Untamed Land and to read all of Snelling's series about the Bjorklund family and the people of Blessing in order to really get to know the immigrant Bjorklund pioneers.


View all my reviews

No comments: