About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Saturday, December 10, 2016

The Normans: From Raiders to KingsThe Normans: From Raiders to Kings by Lars Brownworth
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This ebook was free when I downloaded it from Barnes and Noble to my Nook library in 2014.
I learned more about the Vikings and Normans than I previously knew from a cruise to Norway and my Western Civilization college classes. There is an adequate bibliography and endnotes. This is the type of ebook which makes reading nonfiction easier because a touch can take you to the endnote and back again to the story and a different touch can define words this reader may not use daily.
I recommend it to students of history who want to know more about this subject.


View all my reviews

No comments: