About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Thursday, October 29, 2020

Short Nights of the Shadow Catcher: The Epic Life and Immortal Photographs of Edward CurtisShort Nights of the Shadow Catcher: The Epic Life and Immortal Photographs of Edward Curtis by Timothy Egan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was recommended as the November 2020 Book Club selection from Indianapolis' Eiteljorg Museum of Western and Indian Art. I was aware Edward Curtis was a photographer, but I never gave much thought about his life story before this book.

Egan makes this non-fiction book as easy to read as a narrative novel, and that is a talent and craft I appreciate. It also made me question why a nation built with a freedom of religion as a basic right would do as much as possible to destroy the religion of these indigenous people. This was nothing I thought about before this book.

I highly recommend this book to all readers.

View all my reviews

No comments: