About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Saturday, September 03, 2011

Wild Lands for Wildlife : America's National RefugesWild Lands for Wildlife : America's National Refuges by Noel Grove

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


When I read the text by Noel Grove about our national refuges, I decided to explore a state refuge that was close to my home. While it provides a place for wildlife, it is also a place for public hunting, trapping and fishing. I hiked there two days before the start of squirrel season and I won't be back until the end of Spring turkey season. I could see evidence of some of the management techniques mentioned in this book. such as a strip of sunflowers provided food for songbirds I watched that day.

I enjoyed the photographs by Bates Littlehales.



View all my reviews

No comments: