About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Monday, September 26, 2011

America's Wild and Scenic Rivers (Special Publications Series 18, No. 2)America's Wild and Scenic Rivers by Donald J. Crump

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Contributing authors are Louis de la Haba, Toni Eugene, Lawrence F. Mosher, and Jennifer C. Urquhart. Contributing photographers are Matt Bradley, Richard A. Cooke III,Bill Curtsinger, and Steve Wall.

This book was published in 1983, and it makes me wonder how many of the proposed federal dam projects went into place during those 28 years. Has the wild and scenic designation protected the rivers or has it taken control away from the landowners whose property adjoined the rivers?



View all my reviews

No comments: