About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Brain Trust Program: A Scientifically Based Three-Part Plan to Improve Memory, Elevate Mood, EnhanceAttention, Alleviate Migraine and Menopausal Symptoms, and Boost MentalThe Brain Trust Program: A Scientifically Based Three-Part Plan to Improve Memory, Elevate Mood, EnhanceAttention, Alleviate Migraine and Menopausal Symptoms, and Boost Mental by Larry McCleary

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I read books like this because I think the information will help someone I know, and yet, these are the people who will never read the book based on my recommendation nor will they listen to my short version of its recommendations.

The best I can do is incorporate into my own life its advice to eat a well-balanced diet with healthy fats and oils, such as medium-chain triglycerides oil, flaxseed oil, and the DHA found in fish oils. Challenge myself to exercise in new ways and explore new topics to learn. The book has mental exercises to do each day. It suggests you use mnemonics to memorize lists.

Yes, I recommend this book for the general reader for explains terms well. If the unfamiliar words bother you when a recommendation is made, simply take the book with you to your local health food store and knowlegdable clerks can help find products for you.



View all my reviews

No comments: