About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Greatest KnightGreatest Knight by Elizabeth Chadwick

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was previously a Free Friday selection from Barnes and Noble, and it is no longer free.

Chadwick tells an interesting story of the knight William Marshal who lived in the 12th century and whose life has been previously documented in poem and biography. His life was an adventure caught up in the courts of King Henry, Eleanor of Aquitaine, King Henry the Younger, King William and Prince John. Her writing gives the reader a sense of the time and the place as William Marshal travels between England and Normandy.

I recommend this to readers who enjoy well researched historical fiction and a well-told story. The saga continues in the book, Scarlet Lion.

View all my reviews

No comments: