About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Frommer's NorwayFrommer's Norway by Darwin Porter

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I read this guide as part of my research for sights to see at the three ports I will be on my cruise.

I like Frommer's guides for the historical information about the country and its descriptions of its landscape. URLS for the websites of the attractions are given so that the information can be checked for current opening times and prices. It gives me the confidence to explore beyond the excursions recommended by the cruise line.

This book had information about all three Norwegian ports which is something Rick Steves' Scandinavia did not. This will be the guide from which I tear out the information and keep with me on my day trips.



View all my reviews

No comments: