About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Sunday, April 08, 2012

ChompChomp by Carl Hiaasen

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I look forward to books from Carl Hiaasen for he spikes his adult fiction books with commentary about the state of things in Florida and the rest of our current culture. This is a children's book for the same readers of his book Hoot. This may be the story of what Wahoo McCray did on his summer vacation; but Hiaasen always gives us more. Hiaasen also introduces subtle comments about the financial effects of being self-employed, unable to work, and a reluctance to seek follow-up medical care; jobs that have moved to China; foreclosure and living in RVs in the Wal-Mart parking lot; and the gullibility of the TV-Viewing audience of survivalist-reality shows. I recommend it for readers of all ages.



View all my reviews

No comments: