About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Phantom of Pemberley: A Pride and Prejudice Murder MysteryThe Phantom of Pemberley: A Pride and Prejudice Murder Mystery by Regina Jeffers

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This ebook was a Free Friday selection in 2011, and it is no longer free.

It is entertaining fan fiction with the characters created by Jane Austen stuck at Pemberley estate with some new strangers who are sheltered there during a dangerous winter storm for several days. Elizabeth Darcy does not have the freedom of Nancy Drew to investigate the strange occurences that start the servants speaking of a phantom. When dead bodies turn up, Fitzwilliam Darcy starts the investigation until the magistrate can safely arrive. The story takes on the aspect of a drawing room mystery genre or the country estate mystery. If you like books from these genres, it is an entertaining read.

I rate this a 4 star book, if you can get if for free. I don't think I would value it at the current price of $10.16; I might price it at no more than $4.95.



View all my reviews

No comments: