About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Tuesday, May 08, 2012

InvisibleInvisible by Lorena McCourtney
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a Free ebook from BN.com, and it is still free.
Invisible is the first of four Ivy Malone mysteries, and it can be categorized as a cozy mystery or Christian fiction. Do not avoid this because I classify it as Christian fiction for this is the type of Christian fiction I prefer: Christian beliefs are a fundamental part of Ivy's character and her choices; but Ivy does not sermonize nor does she proselytize. She thinks she might be useful observing and gathering information about vandalism in a small cemetery. She is simply doing what the sheriff's department does not have time or budget to do. She cares about her neighbors; and when an acquaintance is not seen for a few days, she is the one who calls police to inquire if a murdered victim might be Kendra. These circumstances starts a friendship with the investigating detective Dix.
Invisible is an entertaining and quick read.

View all my reviews

No comments: