About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Monday, May 19, 2014

An Untamed Land (Red River of the North, #1)An Untamed Land by Lauraine Snelling
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

An Untamed Land was free when I downloaded it to my Nook. This was the second book in my e-library from this author, and I had moderate expectations for another entertaining book. This one caught my interest early and gripped my interest so that I finished the book quickly.

In this story of Norwegian emigrants whose extended families scrimped and saved for the price of passage to Amerika so that they might homestead in the Dakotah territory, I enjoyed the cooperative effort of humans who were in conflict with time limits on land that needed to be improved and shelter to be built; with deadly weather; and with harsh disease.

I recommend it for all readers who enjoy family historical fiction. I would also recommend it to high school students for supplemental reading for an American History class.

View all my reviews

No comments: