About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The Gardener of Aria ManorThe Gardener of Aria Manor by A. L. Duncan
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This is the first novel by this author, and I look forward to a second novel. It is my hope that the author finds a talented editor who can develop the the author's skills to tell a story within a genre. It is listed as a romance. I was willing to think of it as a suspenseful romance; but, the antagonist introduced in the first chapter is not a continuing immediate threat. Stars dropped from my rating as the author introduced ghosts and Nazis. Reincarnation and "solving the crime with a re-enactment in the parlor" dropped this down to two stars. Discovering this to be a lesbian romance was off-putting because I already agreed to share the book with elderly relatives.

View all my reviews

No comments: