About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Sunday, May 04, 2014

City of Darkness and Light (Molly Murphy Mysteries, #13)City of Darkness and Light by Rhys Bowen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I eagerly anticipated the release of City of Darkness and Light, and I highly recommend it to fans of the Molly Murphy series.

There were just a few things that bothered me about my dear fictional friend this time around. I have enjoyed Molly coming into contact with historical characters during her investigations; but, this time there seemed to be more name-dropping than usual. I know a cable was sent to Gus and Sid saying that Molly and Liam would accept their invitation to stay in Paris with them; but, does she ever tell them about her fright when her house was destroyed by the firebombing or that her servant was killed for those are topics I might want to tell best friends before I could even hear their problems. Liam has good care with a suitable wet nurse, Madeline; but, Molly never complains about sore breasts and leaking milk when she misses a feeding during her investigations. No, she complains more about her feet on cobblestones.

View all my reviews

No comments: