About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

RubyRuby by Lauraine Snelling
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Ruby was free when I downloaded it to my Nook.

The story of two sisters who travel to the Dakotah Territory to be with their dying father and then make do with the inheritance he leaves them is entertaining. There is enough resolution in the plotline to end this book. There are many unanswered questions to continue a four-part series.

I take away a star from authors who use rape as a plot point for conflict, and that is why this rating dropped to three stars.


I recommend it to readers who prefer a female protagonist in their Western.

View all my reviews

No comments: