About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Don't Cry for MeDon't Cry for Me by William Campbell Gault
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was free when I downloaded it from Barnes and Noble to my Nook library.

I enjoy noir mysteries, and I looked forward to reading one published in 1952 and its copyright was renewed in 1980. The inner monologues of Peter Worden contribute to the mood as he comments on Los Angeles in the early 50s as the Korean Conflict heats up while he works out what he will do as his current income is an allowance from his brother who controls Peter's share of the estate. Pretty soon there is a murder that complicates his life.

I recommend it to all readers who enjoy a good mystery.


View all my reviews

No comments: