About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Thursday, November 05, 2015

 Paper Roses (Texas Dreams, #1)Paper Roses by Amanda Cabot
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book was free when I downloaded it from Barnes and Noble to my Nook library.

I often enjoy books in a historical west genre with some romance, and I can give it four stars for most of the book. It was the heavy-handed Christianity which seemed to drift from being important to the characters to making a point with the reader and the resolution in the last couple of chapters that dropped it down to three stars for me.

I recommend it only to readers who prefer sermonizing Christian fiction.


View all my reviews

No comments: