About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Getting Started in Options, Fifth Edition Getting Started in Options, Fifth Edition by Michael C. Thomsett


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
"Options investing contains many traps, making it one of the more challenging specialties you can find. It has a complex and specialized language; it changes rapidly; and it requires a high degree of comfort with mathematics. Thus, it is easy for people to become lost in terminology, to fail to act quickly enough to take advantage of the momentary situation, or to become confused by the calculations required to assess risk and potential profit. It is also easy to become distracted by the theoretical profit of options, ignoring associated risks, the result being taking on risks that in fact are unacceptable. Novice options traders often fail to realize how important it is to monitor the market regularly and to look for action points in their open positions."

With that, I finished reading the last book on my investing shelf.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: