About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Monday, March 08, 2010

The Last Illusion (Molly Murphy Mysteries, #9) The Last Illusion by Rhys Bowen


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This book will not disappoint the fans of Molly Murphy. Bowen does an excellent job of making the setting of early 20th century New York City believable, populating it with interesting characters, and writing a fast-paced narrative.
Sid and Gus are still in this book. Molly has the problem many of us 21st century women have: how can we make time for our friends when our jobs put demands on our availability and will our friends be less of a priority when the man in our life is uncomfortable with them.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: