About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Our Lady of Immaculate Deception Our Lady of Immaculate Deception by Nancy Martin


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I was in the mood for a blue-collar heroine, or should I say a hoodie-and-jeans heroine, who drives the Monster Truck instead of a blue roadster. We are introduced to the characters who are important in her life and we readers hope Roxie Abruzzo will be around for a series set in modern-day Pittsburgh. The author introduced a lot of characters and did a lot of "world-building" and this whets my appetite for more books.
Roxie's architectural salvage business puts her near the scene of the murder of multi-millionaire Julius Hyde. She does not want to be a person of interest in the police investigation while she tries to find a buyer for a statue she removed, without permission, before scheduled demolition of his burned-out mansion.
I might warn some readers that they may be shocked as Roxie displays some behavior that make the reader wonder if she can ever have a wholesome relationship with a loving man. The writing is not graphic nor lewd, but her behavior may startle the more prudish among cozy mystery readers.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: