About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Big Bend National Park and Sam Nail Ranch


Sunday began with a 40 mile drive to the entrance of the park. We were headed for the Ross Maxwell Scenic Drive. Ross Maxwell was the first superintendent of the park and he was a geologist who planned this road to show off the geology of the park.
The Sam Nail ranch loop trail is noisy, due to all the birdsongs. Many birders were sitting along the trail, with hopes to spot certain birds whenever they might fly out of the thickets.
Big Bend National Park and Sam Nail Ranch

No comments: