About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sotol Vista, Burro Mesa Pouroff, Mule Ears


Husband stands at the bottom of Burro Mesa Pouroff. The places in this album are also along the Ross Maxwell Scenic Drive. Sotol Vista shows recovery from a desert fire which burned 680 acres. In the second photo, the gap in the blue rocks that looks like a goal post--that is our first look at Santa Elena Canyon. My viewpoint is 14 air-miles away and those canyon walls are 1500 feet high.
Burro Mesa Pouroff trail takes us across the desert, crossing a dry wash twice and back to the pouroff. A pouroff is a dry fall.
Mule Ears were landmarks for travelers before they were a source of fun for me when I take this picture of Don. Sotol Vista, Burro Mesa Pouroff, Mule Ears

No comments: