About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park

There is an excellent visitor center at this park. The Fuller Gun Collection is a display of American Military shoulder arms, and I recognized the names of many of the guns from reading history: Brown Bess, blunderbuss, Remingtons, and Spenser Rifles to name just a few of the riles in at least twelve display cases. A fiber optic map explained the progession of the three day battle using red (for Confederate), white (for skirmishes as they happened) and blue (for Union) lights on a vertical map.
I did not take many pictures at the various sites of the tour of the battlefield because I listened to the audio description from my cell phone. Even my inexpensive phone with my card-loaded minutes was sufficient for this audio tour; no smartphone required.
Wilder's Monument has 139-steps inside to be climbed for a 360-degree view.

The next day Don and I stopped at Constitution Square in Danville KY and Perryville Battlefield about 10 miles away.

No comments: