About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The RopeThe Rope by Nevada Barr

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I eagerly anticipated the newest Anna Pigeon mystery from Nevada Barr, and I was not disappointed in this prequel. Glen Canyon National Park emerges as a well-defined setting that stands up to the abuses similar to those inflicted on Anna. We see the Anna's goals shift as she does the work necessary to restore the health of the lake with Jenny and learns to explore the slot canyons with the sport of canyoneering. She wants to become strong enough to be a law enforcement ranger.

As this book is a prequel, I can recommend it as a starting point for new readers, and I recommend it for fans of the series.



View all my reviews

No comments: