About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Lower Suwannee National Wildlife Refuge and Cedar Key

Don and I planned to make a road trip of our return to Ohio. We wanted to follow US 27 through Florida, Georgia, and connect to US 127 in Tennessee and Kentucky. Lesley warned us to avoid roads like Glacier Route 7, an allusion to the family vacation and a road in Montana's Glacier National Park that was more appropriate for a 4-wheel drive vehicle than our Chevy Van. So, here is a pictures of the graded, gravel road within Lower Suwannee National Wildlife Refuge for her.

The nature trail took us through hardwood swamps which were dry when we were there.



255 species of birds have been listed at this refuge by birdwatchers. A cardinal was the one I could spot and name.

Mullet were jumping in the Suwannee river faster than I could photograph.


Cedar Key is just down the road from this Refuge so we went there
for a quick look at the Gulf of Mexico
before returning to North 27.

No comments: