About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Etiquette of Illness: What to Say When You Can't Find the WordsThe Etiquette of Illness: What to Say When You Can't Find the Words by Susan P. Halpern


The Etiquette of Illness was recommended to me when I read The End of Your Life Book Club. It also had the recommendation of Dawn, a www.goodreads.com reviewer who recommends it to all readers of a certain age.
I knew I needed to read this book because I tend to give too much advice that begins with the phrase, "What you ought to do..." or I avoid people with illness or people who are grieving. I have been taught avoidance by the best, and it is high time I learned better ways. I still found myself arguing with the book when the author's suggestions are not something I felt I could do.
The book gets 4 stars for discussing the topics in its 7 chapters.

View all my reviews

No comments: