About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

The new America's wonderlands: Our National Parks (World in color library)The new America's wonderlands: Our National Parks by National Geographic Society
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book has been on my National Geographic Society shelf in my home library for 37 years. I used it for reference when planning vacations before the internet made finding information easier. I finally read all the text this year.
Sometimes the text and information are dated. Sometimes the pictures are dated too. People may be in pictures for interest or to show scale, but the short shorts, tube socks and permed hair cuts occasionally date a picture.
The book can still be used to begin research or armchair travel.

View all my reviews

No comments: