About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Saturday, October 05, 2013

Awakenings/A Leg to Stand On/The Man Who Mistook his Wife for a Hat/Seeing VoicesAwakenings/A Leg to Stand On/The Man Who Mistook his Wife for a Hat/Seeing Voices by Oliver Sacks
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book has been in my home library for 23 years before I took the time to completely read it. When I still needed pharmacy continuing education, accredited articles took precedence. I had to wonder why those articles could not be written with a similar narrative style that Sacks uses for his are so much more memorable than required case studies and explanations of mechanisms of actions and drug titrations.

My favorite book in this four book volume was A Leg to Stand on because this personal story conveyed stronger emotions to the reader rather than a more objective viewpoint.

I recommend this book to any reader who has an interest in neurology and neuroscience. While entertaining, Sacks does not write down to the widest general audience. The reader may need the assistance of a dictionary for unfamiliar terms.





View all my reviews

No comments: