About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Tuesday, October 08, 2013

BlueBlue by Lou Aronica
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Blue was free when I downloaded it to my Nook.

This book surprised me so its rating went from 3 stars to 4 stars because I can't give half-stars. I thought it was only fantasy and when Aronica spent too much time describing daily life that dropped its rating down from 3 stars to 2 stars. Chapter 20 was a turning point for this reader because it dawned on me that perhaps Aronica was trying for something different from what I previously considered. Perhaps this book should be classified as magical-realism.

I recommend it for both young adults and their parents.

View all my reviews

No comments: