About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Jarka Ruus (High Druid of Shannara, #1)Jarka Ruus by Terry Brooks
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A current reading project is reading all the Shannara books my husband has collected for our home library. Jarka Ruus begins the "High Druid of Shannara" trilogy.

Once again, a Dwarf, an Ohmsford, and two Elessedils set off on a journey. This time the goal is to find the magic necessary to rescue a Druid from the Forbidding. Brooks does a great job with the pacing so that the reader continues to turn pages and read his descriptions of the Shannara world as our group trudges through it.

I recommend it to fans of the Shannara world.

View all my reviews

No comments: