About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Friday, December 13, 2013

Blood Ties (PI Julie Collins, #1)Blood Ties by Lori G. Armstrong
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Blood Ties was free when I downloaded to my Nook from BN.com.

It is not your usual cozy mystery with a female protagonist for Julie Collins is abrasive and often self-destructive. An interesting mystery is needed to pull the reader along as the reader learns this is more of a noir detective story set in South Dakota than a Nancy Drew cozy mystery.

If this rating system allowed half-stars, it would be 3.5 stars. Readers of the mystery genre might like it, but I can't rate it four stars because I'm unlikely to recommend it to my own friends.

View all my reviews

No comments: