About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Evernote Mastery: Exactly How To Use Evernote To Organize Your Life, Manage Your Day & Get Things Done (Evernote, Evernote Essentials)Evernote Mastery: Exactly How To Use Evernote To Organize Your Life, Manage Your Day & Get Things Done by Devon Wilcox
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

This ebook was free when I downloaded it to my Kindle library, on an alert from the Evernote for Genealogist group when the ebook was free. The book was free for less than 24 hours when I received the alert, and that is not enough time for other readers to post their reviews and ratings.
The title Evernote Mastery gave me high hopes, and its content disapointed me. Nothing in the first five chapters helped me with my development of my skills because I did't need to know the history of the company in order to use the software. What I needed was detailed, step-by-step instructions to follow until I understood and the task became second-nature to me. Several times in chapter 6 and chapter 13, Wilcox has a sentence that made me say, "Yes, that is what I want to learn to do, " and then he disappointed me when the next sentence switched the topic to a different tip or hint.
I do not recommend this ebook.

View all my reviews

No comments: