About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Wildflowers of TerezinWildflowers of Terezin by Robert Elmer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Wildflowers of Terezin was free when I downloaded it to my Nook library in 2012. I appreciate the opportunity to read new-to-me authors with free book offers.
This is historical fiction made even more suspenseful with the dates included in the chapter headings because this story is about Danish life for both Jews and Christians under Nazi German occupation. It is also Christian fiction because a main character Steffen Petersen is a pastor at St. Stefan kirke, and he is the one who undergoes the most transformation and character growth.
I recommend this to all readers who enjoy historical fiction that is grounded by research into the anecdotes and events of the time.

View all my reviews

No comments: