About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Thursday, January 08, 2015

NOOK Tablet: The Missing ManualNOOK Tablet: The Missing Manual by Preston Gralla
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

While searching for The Missing Manual for another piece of equipment and software, I noticed my library had this book. I chose it to see what functions I had missed, and there were several functions I had not tried.
I appreciate Gralla's writing style for I find his style easy to understand. As I understand his directions, I try new things. I took his recommendation to try the free Smithsonian Channel app; I changed my wallpaper twice, once from the picture gallery already on the Nook and once from my own photo I moved from my computer to the Nook; and I used the LendMe feature with my NookFriends. I found the Everything Else tab in my Library which shows the apps that do not work on this model of Nook, some recent games and Evernote.
I recommend this book to all readers who have a Nook Tablet or Nook Color, even if they have been using their machine for years.

View all my reviews

No comments: