About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Still Life With Murder (Nell Sweeney Mysteries, Book 1)Still Life With Murder by P.B. Ryan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I borrowed this ebook from Lesley with her recommendation for a historical fiction with a woman who must solve a murder.
The book begins in Cape Cod in 1864, and introduces the reader to Nell Sweeney, the Irish assistant to a doctor when the doctor is called for a difficult delivery. When the lady of the manor agrees to adopts the child, Nell is hired as the governess. Those circumstances introduces her to the Hewitt household. I enjoyed this book better than Rhys Bowen's Molly Murphy mystery series because Nell seems more practical and pragmatic, even when Nell's assumptions are wide of the mark.
I recommend this entertaining book to all readers who enjoy historical fiction, cozy mystery, and a female protagonist.

View all my reviews

No comments: