About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Thursday, March 05, 2015

Downtown Green: Gone to Green Series - Book 5Downtown Green: Gone to Green Series - Book 5 by Judy Christie
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Downtown Green was free when I downloaded it to my Nook library in 2013. This is the fifth book in the series. I did not read books 3 and 4, and there was just enough backstory in this book for me to understand what happened in those books.
I only gave this book 3 stars because I no longer have enough enthusiasm about this series to recommend it other readers. I found myself disagreeing with the solutions Lois gave to the community. Her imagined nostalgia for what she hopes will be the childhood her son will have leads to the impulsive decision to buy the Harbor Freeze. As far as I can tell, this provides paid employment for two people by the end of the book. This blocks a light industrial complex which might provide more employment, and yet only her most antagonistic opponents have anything to say about it.
If you enjoyed the series so far, read it.


View all my reviews

No comments: