About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Sunday, March 29, 2015

The Grand Canyon (Time-Life American Wilderness Series)The Grand Canyon by Robert Wallace
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book has been in our home library since we subscribed to the Time-Life series, The American Wilderness. This one is underlined and starred for information we used for previous visits to the Grand Canyon, both North and South Rims.
This time I noticed more of Wallace's writing craft when he uses such phrases as "...the proximity of parked cars and postcards at Bright Angel Lodge." Excerpts of writings by John Wesley Powell are in the section named Exploring the "Fretful River".This armchair traveler ejoyed the chapters named "The Challenge of White Water" and "Riding the Rapids."
I recommend this book to all readers.

View all my reviews

No comments: