About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Friday, May 15, 2015

 After You're Gone: Future Proofing Your Genealogy ResearchAfter You're Gone: Future Proofing Your Genealogy Research by Thomas MacEntee
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I uploaded this book to my Kindle library before I watched Thomas MacEntee's Legacy FamilyTree webinar on the same topic. There is a lot of good advice and links to some pdf files in this ebook.  Now, to take the time to follow his advice to make some plans about including the materials for the hobby into estate planning.
This book starts with some good advice, no matter what your hobbies might be.  Include an inventory with your Important Papers that lists subscription websites, the credit card information used and the renewal dates, and the usernames and passwords.
I recommend this book to all genealogists and keepers of family history.  I go as far as recommending it to all who have digital assets and digital subscriptions.


View all my reviews

No comments: