About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Out of the Shoebox: An Autobiographic MysteryOut of the Shoebox: An Autobiographic Mystery by Yaron Reshef
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was recommended to members of a Facebook group for genealogists, and I am glad I read it.
If you are looking for a strong narrative, you may be bored by the way the story is told.  If you are familiar with a research process, you will understand the frustration when you cannot find the proof you need and the elation when evidence shows up in unexpected places. Reshef begins with his research diary and he adds transcriptions of diaries and his remembrances of family stories when his mother had difficulty in disclosing and discussing what happened to people she loved.
I recommend this book to all genealogists and keepers of family history.


View all my reviews

No comments: