About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Burn (Anna Pigeon Mysteries, #16)Burn by Nevada Barr

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I"m read this book for I like the writing by Nevada Barr and the stories about Anna Pigeon. Anna has been on leave from National Park Service since the traumatic events in Winter Study and she is visiting an old friend who works as a singer at the New Orleans Jazz National Historic Park.

I found myself being so scared for Anna and the people who need her help that I had to skip to the end of the book for some reassurance. Barr's writing and storytelling continue to improve as she tackles the tough subjects of those who profit from illegal immigration, white slavery/prostitution of children, and corruption of some law enforcement officers. It leaves us with some questions about whether Anna will be prosecuted, or be fired from the National Park Service, or have her marriage end for going outside the law to do what is morally right.

I rate this 3 stars for I can not recommend this book to the readers enjoy the entertainment of the early books of the series.



View all my reviews

No comments: