About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Sunday, January 08, 2012

Septimus Heap: The Magykal Papers (Septimus Heap)Septimus Heap: The Magykal Papers by Angie Sage

My rating: 2 of 5 stars
The Magykal Papers rates two stars for it adds nothing to the adventures of Septimus Heap and Princess Jenna. The book purports to be a compilation of pamphlets, journals, restaurant reviews, maps, historical information, and other never-before published papers from the world of the apprentice wizard Septimus Heap. Imaginative readers of the series do not need this information but it gives the child about something to whine she wants to complete a collection.

The good thing about this book are the illustrations of Mark Zug with additional contributions by Janelle Bender and Max Zatzuma. The work of Mark Zug gets an opportunity to expand beyond the drawings at the beginning of chapters.

I do not recommend this commercial for the website.

View all my reviews

No comments: