About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Excuses Begone! How to Change Lifelong, Self-Defeating Thinking HabitsExcuses Begone! How to Change Lifelong, Self-Defeating Thinking Habits by Wayne W. Dyer

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


What better time to listen to an audio book titled Excuses Begone! How to change Lifelong, Self-Defeating Thinking Habits than in early January for it just might help me keep my resolutions. When I was worked on the resolution to put the wish list of library materials into my to-read shelf at goodreads.com, I requested it from the library.

One thing I do not like about Dyer's books is his use of quotations from many men of wisdom to prove his point. This does not provide substance to his analysis; it adds an opinion,however wise that opinion is.

There are 18 basic excuses we humans have used until we start to believe the excuses are human nature. Dyer suggests 7 questions to answer that will help invalidate the excuse. The awareness of an invalid excuse provides an opening for a new behavior that can become a better habit.

If your resolutions have already begun to falter, read or listen to this book for some encouragement that change is possible when excuses are gone.



View all my reviews

No comments: