About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Syren (Septimus Heap, #5)Syren by Angie Sage

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the fifth book in the Septimus Heap series, and I have enjoyed all of them.

These entertaining fantasy books have great adventures that are different enough to keep readers of all ages turning pages and continuing into the next chapter. These chapter books can be read to children or nine-year olds may be able to read them by themselves. These adventures are often about problem-solving and protecting yourself and others from danger without the limits imposed by authority figures. Familiar characters return, new allies are met and new dangerous villians are introduced.

I encourage readers to start with Magyk, the first book in the series, for the protagonists age during the series and continue to use what they learn.



View all my reviews

No comments: