About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Monday, January 02, 2012

Trickle up PovertyTrickle up Poverty by Michael Savage

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I selected this book for its title and subtitle: Stopping Obama's Attacks on Our Borders, Economy and Security. There are also chapters about education, NASA, and healthcare. I was unfamiliar with its author who is a radio show host with an internet presence.

I expected a politically conservative viewpoint, and this is politically conservative with encouragement for the reader to find a platform from which to raise questions about the policies Savage discusses.

What I don't like about this book is the same thing Savage accuses "The Obama administration in pursuing the same strategy--assertion rather than argument, bullying rather than persuading--..."(p.238). This book could be half its size if he removed the insulting names he calls Barack Obama, Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, Janet Napolitano, and so on. Too often his assertions become rants rather than arguments for discussion. I understand that his target market audience may find this behavior entertaining; but I consider it to be uncivil. Uncivil behavior is just too easy for me to turn off the podcast or shut the book.

Savage makes the point "we need a conservative revolution at the ballot box; but I can't recommend this book because he bullies with name-calling and rants.


View all my reviews

No comments: