About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Sunday, April 19, 2015

 A Dangerous Place (Maisie Dobbs, #11)A Dangerous Place by Jacqueline Winspear
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I eagerly anticipated the eleventh book of the Maisie Dobbs series, and I was not disappointed.
The book opens in Spring 1937. A lot of life happened to Maisie since the last book, Leaving Everything Most Loved. She is on her way home to England when she decides to stop in Gibralter. "It was a certain resolve, a knowledge that the only way out of the abyss was to prove something to herself--that she could be brave, that she could be survive and be strong." And by the time I finished this book, I eagerly anticipate Maisie may live a lot more life before she is in England when she tells everyone to expect her, and I eagerly anticipate that next book.
I recommend this book; but I recommend new readers go start back earlier in the series so that they can appreciate the character growth that Winspear has allowed all of her characters and the fascinating way Winspear weaves mysteries within the social history of previous generations.


View all my reviews

No comments: