About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Monday, April 20, 2015

Sagebrush Country (American Wilderness Series)Sagebrush Country by Donald Dale Jackson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sagebrush Country is another book from the Time-Life American Wilderness series that has been on my home library shelf. I enjoyed the pictures before, and now, I take the time to read the text to learn more about an area of nearly all of Nevada and fragments of four bordering states: Oregon, Idaho, California, and Utah. The extremes of Death Valley and the Great Salt Lake are included. I have walked for day-hikes in some parts of this country and did not stay long. I observed parts of the Great Basin from scenic outlooks along interstate highways. So Jackson's description of today's travelers in sagebrush country is spot on, "Seldom leaving their cars, they admire the distant views, complain about the heat and press down on the accelerator."
I recommend this book for all readers.

View all my reviews

No comments: