About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Monday, April 06, 2015

The Heist: A Novel (O'Hare and Fox #1)The Heist: A Novel by Janet Evanovich
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This audiobook was free when I downloaded the Nook audiobook app. I felt disappointed by the derivative nature of the characters and then the plot. Kate O'Hare could just as easily be Karen Cisco as played by Carla Gugino and you could easily cast Kate's father by the same actor who played Karen's father Marshall Cisco, Robert Forester. Nickolas Fox could easily be Neil Caffery as played by Matt Bomer. The plot is it takes a con artist to con an embezzler.
This book is just OK. It is good to read for a long wait at an airport or for a series of 20-minute rides on a recumbent bike.

View all my reviews

No comments: